Available Careers at AWMA
School Specialist/Assistant Director
Purpose: The Adams Wells Manufacturing Alliance (AWMA) is committed to strengthening Northeast Indiana’s workforce by educating and equipping high school students so they are aware of career choices in local manufacturing and construction industries.
The School Specialist/Assistant Director provides professional services that manage and coordinate activities that promote manufacturing as a career pathway for students in K-12 school systems in Adams and Wells Counties.
- Develop and implement annual teacher/counselor externship programs with AWMA Members
- Partner with Teachers and Economic Development Corporation (EDC) Directors in developing and implementing student internship opportunities for students participating in Interdisciplinary Cooperative Education (ICE) or manufacturing-related Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs.
- Educate middle school and high school students’ opportunities in local manufacturing
- Participate in, setup and attend student lunchtime displays by AWMA members, job fairs, etc.
- Promote the AWMA website to teachers, counselors, administrators, parents, and students as a powerful resource when making career pathway choices.
- Assist in chaperoning and scheduling plant tours.
- Participate in monthly AWMA Steering Committee Meetings serving as secretary of the committee which includes, but not limited to, scribing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Travel throughout Adams and Wells counties with occasional travel outside the counties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Submit monthly work logs, providing hours worked, miles driven, a description of completed work, and additional expenses for reimbursement.
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per week.
- Teaching or Administrative experience working in a school organization, preferably in a high school setting
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Sound time management and project management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to present in large and small group settings.
- Ability to promote AWMA in the community by maintaining good community relations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite tools and possess internet navigation skills.