Smith Brothers of Berne
Smith Brothers of Berne has built a reputation for crafting fine residential furniture that is solid, comfortable, and stylish. Since their earliest days of business, Smith Brothers has used the same ingredients for success: diligence, pride, and attention to detail. Every decision here is made with a heart for people.
When it comes to sourcing components, nothing but the best is considered—from hardwood maple to steel coil springs, each piece of furniture is designed to be a treasured part of a home for years to come.
- Employs over 525 people
- Almost 500,000 sq feet between two factories
- Produces over 2,100 pieces of upholstery every week
- Apply foam, cotton, burlap, fabric and leather to wooden frames
- Use basic math and measurement skills
- Use hand tools that include: air powered staple gun, scissors, regulators, staple pullers, and pliers
- Work in a cellular fashion in the most efficient manner that has the highest level of quality